The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) has compiled a powerful line-up of speakers for its upcoming Summit Africa 2019 event taking place next week at the Maslow Hotel in Sandton Central.
Organised over two days between the 29th – 30th of May, the annual summit is now into its fifth year and has established itself as a leading annual forum on Africa’s built environment sector.
TC Chetty (pictured), RICS Country Manager for South Africa, said: “We are excited to have an excellent line-up of speakers, together with strong support from major industry players and partners as part of the RICS Summit Africa 2019 event. Collaboration and innovation are integral to taking Africa forward to boost economic growth; and, sustainable infrastructure development and the built environment sector are a key part of it all.”
This year’s theme is ‘Investing with Impact – Collaboration and Innovation’ with RICS aiming to bring together more than 250 executives and professionals from the built environment sector to discuss ‘pertinent issues’ around the country’s urban development, infrastructure and real estate.
Day-one of the summit (May 29th) will begin with a ‘technical building tour’ of The Marc – a brand new development by prominent property development and property services company Eris Property Group.
Day-two will feature what RICS describes as a ‘power-packed’ conference programme, including several keynotes and panel discussions.
Notable property and infrastructure entrepreneur Lynette Ntuli, who is the Founding Director and CEO of Innate Investment Solutions, will be the chair of this years RICS Summit Africa.
This years summit will be sponsored Broll Property Group, along with CBRE Excellerate, the Green
Building Council South Africa and the International Finance Corporation.
The confirmed list of speakers include:
- Dr Ayodele Teriba, CEO, Economic Associates.
- Tim Neal, President-Elect, RICS and President and CEO, CallisonRTKL-UK Ltd.
- Lenore Cairncross, Green Building Lead – Africa, IFC.
- Tara Shirvani, Project Manager, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- Yaw Yeboah, Chief Executive, Infracon Consulting.
- Jess Cleland, Divisional Director – East Africa, Broll Property Group.
- Hastings Chikoko, Regional Director – Africa, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group.
- Dr Maxwell Mutema, Independent Land and Valuation Consultant & Director at RMM Africa
- Development Consultancy Ltd.
- Dr Richard Doyle, Commercial Manager, juwi.
- Matt Harrison, Chief Markets Officer, RICS.
- Andrew Mason, Business Owner, Workplacefundi.
- Dr Martyn Davies, Managing Director, Emerging Markets & Africa, Deloitte.
- Ipeleng Mkhari, CEO of Motseng Investment Holdings; and, President of the South African
Property Owners Association.
- Anil Singh Rana, Founder & Director, CPD Ltd.
- Komani Mfuni, Senior Manager, Betapoint.
- Rob Jackson, Interim Managing Director for EMEA and Middle East, RICS.